Need help identifying a plant I have a big allergy to...

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by Bellis, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Bellis

Bellis Apprentice Gardener

Deliver training courses - how to find jobs etc.
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all!

I'm sorry to bother you but can someone help me ID what this plant is? I was whizzed into hospital a couple of months back with an unknown allergy. Today I was out in the garden and brushed this plant and it all kicked off again - it would help if I could tell the medical peeps something more specific than "it's a pretty blue one, about a foot high that looks a bit like a Forget-me-Not." :dunno:

A friend has said it could be from the Bugloss family. All I know is it spreads like wildfire and doesn't like me at all.

Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you. :dbgrtmb:

Beth

Attached Files:

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Bellis,

Thats evergreen alkanet, sorry to hear about the allergy, best steer away from comfrey too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
    • Bellis

Bellis Apprentice Gardener

Deliver training courses - how to find jobs etc.
      Ratings:
      +0
      Thank you so much Ziggy - that's really helpful! Funnily enough as I was in the garden today I thought I should post an update on here after I introduced myself back at Easter. I've been working hard to rediscover the garden we inherited and have learned loads - mainly about how quickly any variety of bramble can grow!!

Will post a proper update and pics over the weekend - but thank you again for taking the time and trouble to help me. Next thing I need to do is Google Comfry so I know what else to watch out for! :D