1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some indoor plants for our new apartment

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gustavowoltmann, Dec 30, 2016.

1. gustavowoltmann

gustavowoltmann Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone my name is Gustavo Woltmann, assistant in a private publishers office since 2006. My wife and I wants to have plants at our new apartment but the problem is, it has no direct sunlight on it. Is it ok to have indoor plants? What type of indoor plants should we buy?

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner :sign0016:

Not really my department, most ferns are ok in shade, but i'm sure someone will be along with better info soon.

Your location would help folk to advise :)

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    Hi there are lots of indoor plants that will grow without direct sunlight, but most like good light if they are to grow well.
    Really dark conditions are not really suitable, so near windows is best, and often during the summer months its best there is no direct sunlight through windows which can scorch plants.

Without knowing the exact locations and positioning it is difficult to say as to what would do well.
    But in general go for foliage plants, the good old stand bys from the past were alway rubber plants, aspidistra, but worth trying any of the foliage plants on sale in garden centres, the kinds with big leathery leaves.
    Flowering plant are probably best avoided, but if you can provide a bright window I'd suggest Phalaenopsis orchids.

I'm sure others will have more in put.

4. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,541
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Gustavowoltmann. :)