1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some inspiration for winter crops in the polytunnel

Discussion in 'Poly-Tunnel Gardening' started by jennywren, Oct 18, 2015.

1. jennywren

jennywren Gardener

growing stuff
    Ratings:
    +401
    Hi Everyone,
    First winter for me with a polytunnel so could use a few suggestions on what to sow. I've sown salad leaf, oriental greens and coriander- this should fill one tunnel. I'll have some space in the other tunnel once I pull out the peppers. I'm happy to experiment so not necessary looking for a safe bet.
    Thanks
    Jen

2. Ariadae

Ariadae Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +679
    Winter lettuce, chard. Buy a pack of growing leaves and plant them out, same with a pot of parsley.

3. jennywren

jennywren Gardener

growing stuff
    Ratings:
    +401
    Thanks @Ariadae , been out and got a couple of pots of parsley, chard sown too...thought I'd try a few potatoes.
    Jen

4. jennywren

jennywren Gardener

growing stuff
    Ratings:
    +401
    Thought I'd post an update...we've been eating the oriental greens as salad and leaving the lettuce to grow on a bit. I think this little lot should see us through a few more weeks. In the other tunnel I've been using the thinnings from the Pak Choi and Chinese cabbage in salad but have now left the remaining Pak Choi to grow on a bit for stir fry... Poly Jan.JPG Little bowls of salad.JPG

• Like Like x 5