1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbour cut privet hedge.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Pushkin, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Pushkin

Pushkin Super Gardener

Gardener
    Ratings:
    +1,220
    I have a new neighbour and yesterday he cut our adjoining privet hedge right back to wood on his side so now I can see through it. He never cut the top though so it's all bare with green at the top.

Best bit is he left all the cuttings on the floor and it's all still there now.

I think there may be trouble ahead.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      Very frustrating I know, a lot of animosity created for the sake of a little conversation from him between you both, I know it won't help but I've done the same with a privet hedge myself (but had a word with my neighbour before I did it) and it is good for the hedge and it will soon green up again with fresh new growth, I'd be spitting feathers if it were me but I'd have to go out and tidy up the hedge for my own peace of mind but that's me, I hope this has helped and not made you feel worse.

• Like Like x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,926
        I'm guessing its still green on your side?