1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New garden and aint got a clue, 9 pictures

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by london_smee, Jun 13, 2005.

1. london_smee

london_smee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I've just moved into a new house which has a garden, there's lot's of plants I need some help in naming them so i can do some search's on them.

I have taken some pictures which i hope will help naming them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many tanks

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I can identify three - the easy ones!!!!
    D is iris, E is ceanothus (aka Californian Lilac) and G looks like a variety of lupin.
    But I'm sure others will be more informed!
    What ever the others are they look really glorious - you've got a real treasure there! [​IMG]

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi London Smee, Ok lets have a look at the rest!
    A = Thalictrum "Hewitts Double", B = Eyrisimum "Bowles Mauve", C = hardy Geranium (not flowering yet), F looks like a Daphne (is it scented?)but could be Escallonia (when is it flowering?)Which one in H are you looking to identify? - the purple globular flower is an ornamental allium, the taller, narrow leaved, green plant could be Solidago or Lysimachia (both have yellow flowers), the glaucous low growing rounder leaved specimen on the right is a Hosta. I = Potentilla

4. london_smee

london_smee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that, now i can do some research on looking after them. Would be a shame to lose the plant's just for not taking a little time to read up on them.

5. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I think that F may be a weigela.

6. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    You have inherited a lovely garden from someone who like plants - methinks that waiting to see during the season is going to be worth every minute. - for my two pennyworth, F may be a Deutzia, mines in bud just about to break. G - beside the lupin, the thin stems with the feathery leaves, could just be the wild harebell, or one of the corypteris. If its blue it could be the former, yellow the later. Otherwise I concur with the other suggestions, bearing in mind I am not very good with names. [​IMG]

7. JoMack

JoMack Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hia, I think "E" is Ceanothus, nice garden by the way.