1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New Gardening Blog

Discussion in 'Members Blogs/Websites' started by PaulD, May 16, 2007.

1. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have spent some time over the last few days getting a new blog set up and you can take a look at it at http://www.gardeningcolumn.com

Hope you enjoy!

Take care

Paul

2. oktarine

oktarine Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Is this a commercial site ? or from your own garden ?

3. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your question. It's a site providing advice on various aspects of gardening.

Edit: Just taken a look at your own site (thank you by the way for linking to my site) which is very informative and carries some interesting material - the link is much appreciated.

If by commercial you mean are there adverts then yes there are (a bit like the Google Adsense on yours - although I don't use that) as I run many sites which cost me a lot in hosting etc and I look to recoup my costs.

Regards

Paul

[ 02. June 2007, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: PaulD ]

4. blue

blue Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Went on best discount coupon site to be curious i believe you have to subscribe!

5. blue

blue Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    No Commercial Sites are allowed are they!!!

6. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the messages. To clarify for you - yes there is an option on any blog created with wordpress to subscribe to the RSS Feed.

My sites are not commercial - I am a private individual who aims to provide high quality information on websites which I pay to have hosted. I endeavour to cover my costs by carrying advertisements. Unlike many others I do not carry Google Adsense adverts on my blogs and therefore do not receive an income stream from Google.

Kindest Regards

Paul

7. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick thank you to all that have been visiting my little blog! In the first couple of months it's gone from 0 to about 1,000 visitors a day - which is amazing!

Thanks again to those who have been visiting.

Take care

Paul

8. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Given that we haven't been able to do much in the garden with the recent weather I have been giving the blog a bit of a makeover!

I think it's looking good :)

Take care

Paul

9. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Good reading on your blog Paul.

10. PaulD

PaulD Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you that's very kind of you. I am working on a couple of new ones for the Spring and for Greenhouse Gardening which I hope to launch soon :)

Take care

Paul