New Hosepipe Needed

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by pamsdish, Mar 15, 2016.

1. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    Hi everyone, been doing a bit in the garden whilst we have a spell of reasonable weather, moved a few plants about etc, got out the hose pipe to give them water after moving, sprung 2 leaks :hate-shocked:, so considering replacing with one of those flat hoses that expand, for easier handling, what are the reccomendations please as I have heard they can be a pain.:scratch:

2. Liz the pot

Liz the pot Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,259
    The customers who have tried those types that expand and the shrink back once turned off and drained have found them to fail at the connection points.
    They have now returned to the old tried and tested hozes.
    The one I use which is very good is the Hozelock Super tricoflex which is very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      I have never tried the flat ones except for a soaker hose. That worked ok but it's not what you need. It did have the advantage of rolling up tightly and not taking up space when not in use.

• Like Like x 1
      • wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +89,279
        Good morning @pamsdish I used to have one of those hose pipes that were like a coiled spring and when I used it at the top of my garden and let it go ,I had keep going back down he garden to get it again;)

This is what I use at the moment(£33)Hozelock 2-in-1 Compact Enclosed Hose Reel with 25 m Hose and Connectors

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 1
        • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +4,445
          I have a shorter section attached to the outside tap permanently, this is which split, I can cover my entire back garden with this. I then have another hose on a reel thing, which I can connect to when I want to water the front garden, which some years is only used a few times. When I unrolled this there are a few places with kinks and twists, looking like future splitting candidates, I was considering a hose that will cover all without the faf of extending, it would have to be 75 metre, think I will just buy a cheapo for the back garden until the other dies altogether then buy a longer cassette type.

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,078
          What I did to save dragging a hose down the garden was to take a 25m length and bury it under the lawn with the connector sticking out which i connected a smaller hose reeel to when watering down there.Much easier,no kinks and should last for years under there.

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +4,445
          not do-able @WeeTam all the side of my bungalow is concrete path.