1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New lawn equipment help

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by How5er, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How5er

How5er Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,

I have a uneven and conjested garden, I actually have 4 small areas, I've got sick of my flymo and elec strimmers so looking to upgrade, I am considering just a petrol strimmer due to complex areas, ill try and attach some pics for an idea.

I have a few strimmers im looking at, Progen 52cc as recommended on lawnmower hut or are the cordless battery ones good enough??

Advice is much appreciated

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    I have a (fairly large) Petrol strimmer, and a (much smaller) Battery model. The battery one (Bosch) has wheels on the back which makes it easy to use to run along edges / under edge of hedge etc. a bit like using a Hoover.

[​IMG]

I use the petrol one for cutting down tall stuff - like naturalised Daffodils when they go over - and the small one for tidying up the scruffy bits around trees and edges.

Battery removes all the hassle of starting (particularly 2-strokes), buying and storing smelly fuel, and maintenance. Little noise to annoy the neighbours too ... probably more expensive to buy. Not as powerful as the Petrol one, but my two are very different sizes.

That would help :)

3. How5er

Ratings:
    +0
  4. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    needs a mower rather than just a strimmer IMO. The bank may influence what type of mower ... and a small strimmer for the edges. I would cut a clean lawn edge where there are plants, and get a strimmer that can be used "on edge" to cut the edges

5. How5er

Ratings:
    +0
    This is by far the largest area, what type of mower would you recommend??

Attached Files:

6. How5er

Ratings:
    +0
    Grass dying also due to the puppy :/

7. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    I have big lawns so I'm not the right person to ask, but I reckon if managing the electric cable is not an annoyance I'd get an electric one. I believe the Bosch Rotak gets good reviews (various models I've just linked to the first one I found)

Rotak 34 R Lawnmower

• Like Like x 1