1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

new path

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by medwayman, Mar 12, 2005.

1. medwayman

medwayman Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone(new member)i am costructing a new 35ft path.owing to finances i cannot use stone chippings.i can use bark chippings ,will this be suitable.thankyou :rolleyes:

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    William,

Bark chippings will break down and rot, have you considered shingle of some kind, as this won't cost too much either.

Nathan.

3. turl

turl Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: yes Nathans right probly pea gravel you'll find effective and cheap 2.

4. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    Pea gravel isn't such as good idea because it's round it never really settles and it's always moving about under your feet.Bark chippings will rot but you could use them while saving upfor stone,it's much cheaper if you buy it by the half ton from a builders merchant than it is in bags from the garden centre.