1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New PC 24" Monitor ..?

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ricky101, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,201
    Hi,

Been looking for a 24" replacement for our trusty old 4:3 monitor at around the £100 price point.

However, though there are loads between £80 - £110 there are few actual reviews of these cheaper models and the chances of seeing them working is almost zero.

Our use is mainly text plus watching some films etc, not gamers.

Has anyone bought or seen/used such budget screens that they would recommend ?

Have looked at these screens on the usual sites, they all seem to have slightly different specs, like TN, MVA , IPS which we have now read about, but how different in use they really are ...??

AOC E2470SWH 24" Full HD Monitor

BenQ GW2470ML 23.8" Full HD Monitor

LG 24MK400H 23.5

LG 24MK430H 23.8

2. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    Hi Ricky
    I bought a 24" LG monitor from Ebuyer ( not Ebay ) about 18 months ago. Really pleased with it.
    Prices are from £95 to £250 for a gaming monitor. The model I got was £130. The reviews on the £95 seem very good plus delivery is free :blue thumb:
    LG 24" Full HD 1ms LED Monitor at Ebuyer

• Like Like x 1
    • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,201
      Hi,

Well the old monitor is a LG and the TV is also LG as it was the best image to our eyes.

Probably will go with LG again, unless anyone can better it ..? :)

Thanks

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      We have 2 LG tvs as well Ricky, picture quality is A1 :blue thumb:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +614
        I bought a second hand 24” monitor that had a hdmi and a dvi socket on it, so I could cone t to computer and had a humax free view box connected for tv.
        The monitor has a touch screen for win 10 and is a Iilyama, it works good and am satisfied.

I also bought a 40” sharp tv monitor for £30!!! from a computer disposal company, and it has a fantastic picture with the humax box connected to it as it has no internal tv bits just digital connections.
        So I have a wireless smart tv in the bedroom now for £100, with all my movie channels so bargains are out there to be found, if I bought it all new the cost would be £800 for tv and free view box.

• Like Like x 2