new to gardening

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Staceyxxx, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Staceyxxx

Staceyxxx Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, i'm embracing gardening this year..

i have had my own house for 5 years now with 1 neglected garden [​IMG] ... the garden has lots of different bushes and trees (not sure what they are) and is enclosed, i have 3 dogs so nothing that will harm them..

the back garden is about 70ft long approx and the width of a house.. it has a shed & coal house..

the front garden has a big drive way and the spare space is 10 foot by 4 foot.

Any ideas what i can do with these??

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner:sign0016:

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,594
  4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,834
    Hi Stacey, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup: :snork: I'm sure the gang will be along to give you some advice. But first they will need to know in which direction your rear garden faces [North, South, East or West?], is it shady or open outlook?, what kind of soil you have, such as stony, gravelly, clay, sandy or nice loam?. Also if you have any pics you can post that would be a great help!!

5. Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
    Ratings:
    +31,024
    hallo Stacy,
    so glad you found us on Gardeners Corner. Lots of help and advice once we've seen your set up. Meanwhile, have a wander round, there's lots going on that may encourage and inspire you,
    Jenny namaste
    :sign0016:

6. Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,630
    :sign0016: Stacey - I am sure you will gather lots of info here written by the gang in all number of topics. Sounds as if you have a fair bit of work to undertake.

7. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,317
    Welcome to GC Stacey. :) It would help us if you could provide a few pictures of your gardens so we have an idea of what you're working with and also to provide you with help regarding the maintenance of the existing trees, shrubs etc.

Have you any ideas in mind for the gardens? Whether you would like to alter it's layout or theme, or have specific types of plants.