1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New website for community gardening scheme

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Jackie, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Jackie

Jackie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have just created a new website for our community gardening group, www.ng-writtlegroup.ik.com.
    Would welcome any feedback or comments. [​IMG]

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Just signed your guestbook Jackie [​IMG]

All your recent projects look very good and much needed, I think the chappie in the picture looks a bit outnumbered though :D

3. Jackie

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve
    Would love to get some more men involved in the scheme, especially any with hard landscaping skills etc.
    Just seems that John is the only man in our group at present but his support is much appreciated.
    Hopefully I will get a few more men involved as more people hear about the scheme and we continue to recruit new volunteers.
    Jackie

4. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Very best wishes Jackie - have also just signed guestbook. Are there a number of these around the country?

5. Jackie

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the message Peter.
    In answer to your question, there are other groups of Neighbourhood Gardeners around the country but as this is a relatively new scheme there may be active groups in some areas but not others.

I note that your details state you are from N Yorks and know of potentially three groups that exist in that area of the country having met volunteers from each last year; one group from Catterick, one from York and the other from Selby if I remember correctly. Have kept in touch with them so that we can swap ideas etc.

Hopefully other groups will follow as more people hear about the scheme - would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who is interested in gardening.

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
  7. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I know Writtle! I used to live in Harlow and did my counselling course there at the Writtle Foundation. A really lovely little village, sadly at risk of being absorbed into Chelsmford.

Lovely Website as well, Jackie. Well done!

(BTW - where's the guestbook? I didn't see it.)