Newbie gardener needing a nudge in the right direction...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by joeyvicks, Jun 23, 2011.

1. joeyvicks

joeyvicks Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

Im a 26 year old newbie gardener and started with a little clematis planting in march.

I planted two montanas in containers (see image above) either side of an archway to grow over it and one either side to grow up trellis panels. These are doing great and are now well above the height of the arch and the trellis growers are getting there (these were planted a little after those on the arch). I am getting a little concerned that the roots will outgrow the pots and wondered what my options are? I'd hate for them to die on me after the start they've had.

I also planted two armandii against my garage wall growing up some plastic mesh netting. These began like a house on fire growing to about 5ft in no time but have since took a turn for the worse and now one of them is pretty much gone (leaves falling off, browning, curling and generally looking very bad) and the other has not grown any for ages and is deteriating.

What is the best thing I can do with them? (Apologies for the essay)

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Joey, I am so sorry your post has had no replies. It seems the system has blocked it for some reason, meaning nobody can see it except staff and I cannot seem to unblock it. I see your second post it showing up okay though so perhaps you can repost this?