1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by StuartA, Mar 20, 2006.

1. StuartA

StuartA Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Have just stumbled on your great forum whilst searching the net frantically looking for gardening Info/help .
    I have recently moved house (5 months ago) and we now have a fairly large established garden for the first time .
    Only problem is I know nothing about gardening and it is growing at a rate that I am finding it dificult to control .
    When I came home from work tonight I was shocked to find one of my favourite bushes has completly snapped off at the root and was lying on the lawn :confused: Is there anything that I can do to save this plant ???
    Iam not aware of what type it is ,shall I post a pic ?
    If someone can advise me on what to do I would be greatfull

Thanks

Stuart

2. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    to post a pic, upload your photo into photobucket, reduce the size by 50 % or more, then control c the bottom of the 3 descriptive lines under your pic, and control v back in this forum in the posting box at the bottom - then we can help. Have fun! ;)

3. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    pop the roots in a bucket to allow plant to drink be4 re planting....... it sounds a bit odd, did you get a sudden windstorm?

4. lynne_2005

lynne_2005 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes please post a pic. If the roots have remained in the ground, thats good! It could possibly have been something that needed pruning anyway,(but probably not so drastically !!!! So hang tight, post a pic, let us all have a look and try and find out what it was for you. Lucky you inheriting an established garden. One of the best tips I think I ever had was to sit back and wait for a year before you do any digging, and find out what comes up each season. Then make any changes you need to. Enjoy!!!!