1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

no flowers

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lynne, Sep 18, 2005.

1. lynne

lynne Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi [​IMG]

i've had a weird gardening year!
    the solanum album has flowered a treat, along with the roses, poppies, philadephus and phlox.
    However - not a sausage on the honeysuckle, lippia or iris; and most disappointingly not a thing on my ordinarily beautiful white lilac.
    I usually feed everything with miraclegro, apart from the roses which get toprose. I've bought some sulphate of potash today on the recommendation of my mother's beau.

Any ideas as to why i've been bereft of flowers, and when would be the best time to apply some of this potash?

thanks
    [​IMG]

2. brazil

brazil Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello did you prune lilac last year that may be reason for no flowers are the iris new plants because after they are divided they can take 2 years to flower lippia could still flower late i know but lets hope you could try pruning the honeysuckle to promote new growth it flowers mainly on new growth as for potash i would do it next spring or just a little now you do not want to get them growing too much now to be hit hard by winter :D :D