Not a crazy cat lady; I just have crazy cats!

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Islander77, May 12, 2020.

1. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    The face that is looking at you is Boycat, Aged 15 at least and can outstare and outface anyone, especially if he is hungry or wants to come into my bed.

Very early today I forcibly ejected Jacob. He is a cowardly cat scared of the young ones and was racing round back and forth by the door needing out. As it happened both his "enemies" were lurking outside so he took off very fast.

When I was outside working, he was desperate to get back in. But every time he showed himself, there was another cat . not showing any aggression, just THERE. We all danced a while.

When I was working in the back patch I saw that Jacob was hiding under the wheelbarrow. Every time he tried to emerge? Yep, a cat appeared. So the dance began again. The cats wanted to be with me, you see. Finally I "scared" them off, raced ahead of Jacob, to be overtaken by him scratching frantically at the door, opened the door and YAY!

Are everyone else's cats crazy? I mean with relationships? Jacob is fine with Boycat but with the newbies ( at least 2 years here now!) he is terrified.

He is happy now, under my bedclothes with me. snoring away! Bless him!

• Like Like x 4
    • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,218
      One of the yearlings ( approx.) I took in about 18 months ago when I lost my dog and an older cat the same weekend is Bella. Long haired black that has sunned to a funny white/grey in places. She would sit for hours on my wrist purring but you could not pick her up. And she had a terrible phobia about doors. Terrified to come in or go out. One day I stood by the open door for an hour, talking gently to her, watching her , heart in mouth, trying to find the courage, getting near then backing off. After a while I realised she was also terrified of my tallness so I crouched down. Finally she did it. Since then she has made progress; sometimes you could see her plucking up her courage, hesitating, then CHARGE! Now she is totally fine about it. We can only start to imagine what had happened to make her like that. All I knew was that they had been street cats. She is safe here now and totally at ease. Loves the freedom she has here. A privilege to have her here.

• Like Like x 3
      • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,218
        I think I forgot to add the photo to the first post? OK here he is! Boycat, in front of me as close as he can get, staring me out until I feed him... CIMG2790 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 1
        • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +9,232
          ...oh my - that stare!

“you will feed me chicken .... you WILL feed me chicken...”

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
            +1,218

lol! He just pulled a new stunt. He needs to go out often being an old man ( at least 15) and will not use a tray it seems. I was a little slow earlier - and heard the tinkle of falling pee in the hall! Yep, it worked Boycat! People think cats are not as clever as dogs.... They are and more devious with it.

• Funny Funny x 1