1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Not in the best condition

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Kristy Coppendale, May 6, 2021.

1. Kristy Coppendale

Kristy Coppendale Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I'm quite worried about some of my houseplants and wondering what I might be doing wrong.

I would appreciate any advice as to how much and how often to water, why some have mould on top of the soil, and why the flamingo flower plant has some discoloured and crispy leaves.

Thank you.

image0 (2).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg image3 (1).jpeg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,958
    They all look pretty good to me.
    Maybe less water for the ones with mould on the surface of the compost, let the surface dry out between waterings.

As long as any brown leaves are the lower ones I wouldn't be that bothered, just part of the normal process.