1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

novice lawngrower

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by dunkthehunk, May 19, 2005.

1. dunkthehunk

dunkthehunk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ive got a friend who is laying turf on some of his garden and seeding the rest he has just covered the whole area with fertiliser/weedkiller his wife says he has ruined it and he will burn the seeds and the lawn won,t grow. is she right and what can he do about it

2. Will Dunkerley

Will Dunkerley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Has he actually seeded / turfed yet? If he's sprayed the weed killer on top of turf or new seedlings then he's probably going to have a bit of a problem, especially if the seeds have started germinating.

If he's just applied the weed killer in preparation before turfing / seeding, he should be fine, as he probably would have used Roundup or something similar. Most of the chemicals today are designed to be deactivated once in contact with the soil, so you could really lay turf or sow seeds straight away, though I'd prefer to wait a few days to be on the safe side.

As for the fertiliser, that's a good thing - unless he's over applied it [​IMG]

3. dunkthehunk

dunkthehunk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice i,m sorry i took so long to reply but i had to go out, i,ll pass on the info thanks again
    Duncan