1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Now I'm mad.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sarraceniac, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I know there are people on GC that think I am a soft woolly liberal on crime but I just saw on the news that the 2 idiots who killed the guy who remonstrated with them when they threw a wrapper into his car have got 4 years each. That means they will be out in 2.

The mind is so boggled it is ridiculous. :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    here is my view ... and its cheap as chips
    [​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    You're too kind boys I would take them out for a good roast on one of these

[​IMG]

You know me firm but fair! Hel.xxx.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :mad: I too think it is disgusting John...!! :mad: The poor family left behind must be wondering if there is any justice left in this country...!!!! :( There can be no closure properly for them....

In crimes like this I am starting to think... A life for a life.....! :(

5. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,883
  6. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Marley. My training and everything I stand for says that all human life is sacrosanct. So I can't go along with the death penalty, it is against everything I stand for. I know that is impossible for some people to understand but I took an oath to preserve all life. Even low life.

But 4 years? Which is actually 2. No. 40 years (which is actually 20) is the least I can go along with.

7. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,030
    The longer you lock them up for the more it cost US.
    Now the chances are they will never be any good, so what do you do with them?

I for one do not want my taxes being spent on them living a good life in prison for the next two years, let alone having to pay for twenty.

That only really leaves one option.
    Or.

It would be perhaps acceptable to lock them up for twenty years if we had the likes of "Devils Island" to send them to.
    I'm sure somewhere like that could well send them back as reformed characters.

8. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Sentencings mad, down my way a local girl and her partner atacked a guy at a cash point with a knife leaving him intensive care with extremly severe stab wounds.

Atemted murder youd have thought? No wounding with intent and sent down for just two years. out in around 12 months.

Sadly the victims family are probably too scared to give the perpertrators the 'welcome back' they deserve when they are relesed.

I know whhat id do if it was one of my own familly whod been atacked.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The justice system really needs a good kick up the ar*e there use to be pretty longer stretches, I mean back in the Krays day the twins were banged up good style along with so many others although I still think they all got off light! :mad:

This yobb culture has to be stopped before more law abiding people are hurt or killed it's happening everywhere and it's just really sad to see that some people are so scared to say boo to someone who is causing some havoc, not to mention too scared to pick up the phone! :eek:

There was a time that a good clip round the ear would sort our some unruly lout out but now that's classed as assault and the clipper will end up being in more trouble than the lout!
    Don't you just love our justice system? :( Hel.xxx.

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,503
    The word DETERRANT doen't seem to figure any more as far as crime goes in this country. :mad:

11. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    It really is an encouragement. You get away with it if you are not caught, and you get away with it if you are caught. As Strongy says where is the deterrant?

12. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I am intrigued you are not Superman are you? ;)
    Is this a religious or professional oath? On the subject in hand I think that what is annoying is that a serious crime has been committed and treated in a seemingly trivial way. Like you I would rather cure than kill but in this case neither seems to have been accomplished (not that I am advocating killing) but a longer sentence would have fitted the crime better and allowed more time for rehabilitation.

13. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Antheus. No I am not a superman. (Superman is not real). That is why I don't have the right to take life. I just try to give it when I can (or tried before retirement). And the oath? The Hippocratic Oath. I'm a real weirdo I took it seriously.

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I once dressed up as superwoman for charrity, Thats when i was invited on the ship in the officers mess :D

15. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Ah I understand now!

What do you mean Superman is not real!!??
    Don't listen to him toothfairy! ;)