1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduced NOW ONLY 50p Half price bulbs, sets, seed spuds at Wyevale

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    All summer flowering bulbs, tubers, corms, etc., onion sets, shallots, garlic, seed potatoes and packeted plants (rhubarb, asparagus, etc.) now 50% off.

wyevale1.jpg

wyevale2.jpg

wyevale3.jpg

wyevale4.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
      Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,035
      Got these for 70p after the 50% off and using the last of my money off vouchers:
      IMG_20190429_192653898.jpg

• Scrungee

Ratings:
      +28,997
      Everything now only 50p each. The Garlic bulbs are dead, onion setts soft, but the spuds are still OK.

Thought 50p for 2Kg of Charlotte (36 tubers) worth a punt, and they didn't have long spindly shoots, just nice short sturdy dark ones.

• Like Like x 1
        Last edited: May 28, 2019
      • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
        Ratings:
        +12,508
        First of all I did think it might be a bit late for spuds. Thinking again should be good?

• Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Something like Rocket should be good for a quick crop, but I've loads of those and hardly any Charlottes. Otherwise Sarpo Mira are probably a good idea for running late into blight season, and I bought a bag of them when they were £1.

If the Charlottes get to potato salad size when everything else I'm harvesting is maincrop I'll be happy. Also at the back of my mind was that Charlottes get used for extra late 'Xmas spuds' (but are kept in special storage), but something in their favour.

• Like Like x 1
          Last edited: May 28, 2019
        • Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
          Ratings:
          +6,224
          Bit off topic but went into "wyevale" yesterday, it's now become dobbies! Signed up for the £10 per year membership.. bit of info for you if you havent come across it.

20190530_094057.jpg

• Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          They sold 31 of them to Dobbies, but the old Wyevale stock and offers/reductions will probably stay in place for a while.

The one that changed near me still had their old Wyevale till system ovet a week after changing, which unfortunately meant they knew if you'd already spent your home printed emailed vouchers (that they will accept until 31st Aug) at a Wyevale store, I shall return when they get a new Dobbies system that wont be linked.

Watch out for when they reduce to clear all the Wyevale branded bags of compost.

• Informative Informative x 1
            Last edited: May 30, 2019
          • Scrungee

Ratings:
            +28,997

After I posted that on May 28th, I put 3 per pot in 7 pots in a polytunnel and the rest in 5 pots in the back garden. Today, just over a month later and getting fed up watering them (+ loads of others) nearly every day in a hot polytunnel, plus needing more space, I tipped the tunnel ones out, 5Kg, not bad for 25p/Kg seed potatoes planted in free MPC (Wyevale printable vouchers).

Those in the garden will be left to grow bigger, but I would be interested in seeing how they compare to the tunnel grown ones. If they only produce the same amount pro-rata I'll get 8.6Kg of spuds, if they grow bigger, probably around 10Kg.

charlotte.jpg

• Like Like x 2