Nursery sent chitted Begonia corm

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Spuddy_1958, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Spuddy_1958

Spuddy_1958 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I'm a new member here.

Two weeks ago my daughter gave birth to premature twins (28 weeks!) one of whom is called Ziggy.

I wanted to finds plants with the twins names and found a Begonia called Ziggy, and a nursery posted a chitted corm which I planted as soon as it arrived - 14th April.

So far there has been no change - I have kept it in a warm bright room, but not in direct sunlight. I put it in very slightly damp potting compost and have watered it a couple of times sparingly from below. IMG_6652[1].JPG

When should I expect some signs of growth, or is there anything else I should be doing

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,630
    Congratulations on the arrival of your twin grandchildren and welcome to the forum.

Your begonia looks good, it won't grow much to begin with until it establishes a root system. You are doing the right things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Spuddy_1958

Spuddy_1958 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +0
      Thank you for your congratulations and for the advice on the begonia.

I'm just a little obsessed about avoiding under or over watering it and making sure it has the correct environment.

I'm not worried about all the other things I'm in the process of growing, but this one is important ! :smile: