1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Old bricks...

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by JenBrennan, May 19, 2009.

1. JenBrennan

JenBrennan Gardener

Clerical Officer
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heya,

Strange question really, but does anyone in the Liverpool area have any old bricks etc you no longer need?

I'm looking for stuff to break up into rubble to put in the bottom of some raised planters my dad is making for me. I'm keeping an eye out in local skips and will be going up to the local tip to see if they've got any (it says on the council website they take rubble, so will visit on the off chance).

I'm in the Huyton area of Liverpool, so this side of town would be good :)

Thanks in advance,

Jen
    -x-

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Doesen't have to be bricks Jen, old terracota pots, Gravel, old crockery, its just for drainage...

3. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    I must admit I just tend to use a layer of pebbles (from the garden) and then some gravel.

If its rubble you are looking for, why not try Freecycle .... I know I have seen lots of stuff like this on there recently as people are doing DIY or their gardens and are offering top soil, hardcore, rubble, bricks and all sorts.

4. JenBrennan

JenBrennan Gardener

Clerical Officer
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your replies :)

I'm after rubble as my raised bed is going to be between 10-12 foot long and I can't afford to spend loads on large gravel, but will definitely look on Freecycle :)

Thanks!

Jen
    -x-

5. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Try phoneing a few builders, with landfill costs as they are most will bite your hand off to tip a load!

6. water-garden

water-garden Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You may want to ask the people shown below. Its Liverpool's China town

[​IMG]

For the Beetle fans

[​IMG]