1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Old grass coming through pebbles

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by FlyFifer, Aug 13, 2019.

1. FlyFifer

FlyFifer Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Hi all,

I recently got some weed suppressant membrane and pebbles laid over my front lawn (if you could call it lawn :) ) It`s been done around 2 months or less and already the grass is coming through.
    Did I make a boo-boo by not lifting the turf 1st or do you think a dose of weedkiller would suffice? I don`t want to lift if possible but if that`s the only way.......

I went from this

002Medium.jpg

to this

Front of house (2) (Large).jpg

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Hiya FlyFifer :)

Yes, I would have killed off the grass before laying the membrane but it’s done now. No big problem though :)
    I would spot spray any grass growth with glyphosate and repeat it as the season progresses. By next summer you should have a weed free area....a maintenance free area:)

• Like Like x 1
    • FlyFifer

FlyFifer Gardener

Ratings:
      +48
      Thanks Verdun. I just ordered some glyphosate.

• Like Like x 1