1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Signs & Tins - A Fortune in Your Potting Shed

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Advertising Antiques, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Advertising Antiques

Advertising Antiques Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there, just registered to let you good folks know that you if you find old tins or old advertising signs in your potting sheds, DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY!

I Have just bought an old enamel sign advertising Fry's Chocolates from a gentleman in Derbyshire who found it patching up his shed along with a few others. Luckily he kept this one back for me but binned the other ones. Needless to say that he could have bought himself a new car if he had not throuwn the other signs away.

Same with old tobacco tins, I was speaking to a lady last week who threw 30 Muratti's cigarette tins out that were full of seeds! The older tins that have a multicoloured lithograph (dotted)picture are highly collectable to people like me.

If anyone needs help or advice about items found when emptying or replacing old potting sheds, please contact me.

2. Dave_In_His_Garden

Dave_In_His_Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    How about half opened bags of compost that you forget about? Or the hundreds of empty pots I seem to accumulate?! ;)

3. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    The only thing I have of value in my shed is a lawnmower- and even that's doubtful! may have a sneaky look in my dad's shed and see what he's got though!