1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

old threads ......?? and goodbye

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by intermiplants, Mar 18, 2008.

1. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    after looking at some old threads i see a lot of you have been on G.C having fun and gaining knowledge for years i found some that
    joined in 2004. i would like to know off some of our longest members did some of these people ever say goodbye, this came about after reading was it buzzing or flying and seeing some of the fun you had years ago, and how you all seen each other friends and there must be a lot older threads as well ..did you ever hear from hornbeam,greenwizard,fran,frogesque,fancy,macleaf,and there are many more .ps sorry if you have lost a friend on here ;)

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,667
    Hi imp!

Fancy is still with GC and I keep in touch with her. She is currently taking a break in Sri Lanka with her son and grandson. I have seen macleaf on here a few times in recent weeks and Fran comes and goes. Hornbean, greenwizard and frogesque went to another site but I did see frogesque here not long ago.

Mentioning such, I must contact Waco and see what she's up to these days as I haven't heard from her since the New Year.

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks lol really enjoyed reading some of the old threads and seeing some of the fun you have had. just came across loads of names i have never seen, i often wonder where makem went as he always made me laugh and A,C, lol how long has G.C. been up and running..wonder if we could have a introduction thread where we could keep in touch or ask where people have gone (or have i just started one) lol could you please give us some backgroung about G,C, where did it all start and how many members did it have 1n 2004 maybe ill ask the mods because before we know it we will have ten thousand members and no one will know where it all started or in what year ;) thanks for your help lol and any more background [​IMG]

4. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Intermiplants
    Great to know you are interested in the 'old' members and yes we did have
    a lot of fun and we still do although it's spread over a lot more posts.
    It doesn't seem any time at all since we were eagerly awaiting the 1,000th
    member to sign on and here we are over 4,000!

I suppose best person (if he ever has any spare time :D )to give you details
    of the start of the forum is our Webmaster whom we have to thank for providing
    us with Gardeners Corner!

- and of course our moderator Pete has been a member since the start. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    inter i am still in touch with greenwizard she is a member of my art forum and me a member of her forum, she does venture in gc every so often.
    hornbeam has his own forum doing well as far as i know.
    I dont feel as iff i have lost any friends on gc rather gained a lot more friendships over these past 2 years.including yourself [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Imp,I think you will find that over time people tend to drift away from forums because more often than not other commitments come along that take priority over the computer and the net.

Also,health problems may stop people from posting on a regular bases,or they would rather just sit and look at the postings but not enter the site until they feel they have something to contribute.

I for one can't sit at the computer for as long as I have done in the past because what with having a husband,pets,home,garden,30 pole of allotment to look after plus shopping, family, friends, and places to go to and visit,there often isn't enough hours of in the day to fit it all in. :eek:

Once the sun is shining,I would much rather be outdors in the fresh air or pottering down in the greenhouse.

Friends I have made on here are like a good book.I don't need to pick up and read that book the same as I don't always feel the need to sit at the computer chatting to those friends,but it is nice to know that if I want to chat then they will be there for me,because that is what friends are for [​IMG]

I hope you have enjoyed reading the posts and threads,it is nice to look back on the past occassionaly [​IMG]

7. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    I dont know if I'm the longest member still posting or not, I seem to be No 21, is there anyone, (still posting), other than Nathan with a lower number?

I too wondered where Waco had gone, also dendy's not been around lately I think or windy.
    Must admit its not until someone mentions a name that you suddenly realise they are not around anymore, new people tend to fill the gaps.
    It is a much busier forum now, and there is always someone on here these days, which is much different to when it all started.
    Post a message and get a reply in five days :D

8. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    After Pete,SteveW Member 110 and Rosietu 162 still post I'm sure.

9. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,629
    Steve W, he went, and I'm sure he said goodbye, in a nice way.
    Yeah Rosietu, is still around.

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,667
    I've sent notes off to Waco and Dendro so I'll let you guys know how they are should I hear back.

Sure I've seen SteveW in the not to distant past and I know rosietu comes on occasionally ... she had the lovely blue pots earlier this year I think with mini roses in them. [​IMG]

PS And I see rosietu on line now. :D [​IMG]

11. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,403
    It is amazing that we have some friends here that we don't even know what they look like!!!
    I have had two great years of trading info here, I have learnt a lot and hope it carries on, all thanks to Nathan.
    Now where is he? :D

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,667
    Who don't we know what they look like strongy? Most of us have shown ourselves ... many times. :D

Who do we need to see? :D

13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    LOL theres a few i havent seen pics of. bananaman, john (sarra), paula (accidental)i miss her, erm marley farley, cant think of anyone else at the mo, but im sure theres a few more shy members here, [​IMG]

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,667
    Totally agree with you Cutie.

BM is to die for ... but I'll never show. [​IMG] you Babe. [​IMG]

AG kept threatening me with photos for me to guess her age but never sent any. :(

Yes, Marley, where are you?

15. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Not only shy members, Ydd. Also total incompetents like me who don't know how to post piccies. ( Sorry, Lady) [​IMG]