1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

OMG: I've just been locked IN!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by "M", Jun 7, 2013.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    :roflol:

Scenario: house I live in has a lock on the kitchen door, on the outside (aka hallway side). Dining room is off the kitchen, has a patio door leading to garden and another door (blocked) leading to hallway and also has an outer lock - now, because it is blocked, the outer lock on the dining room/hallway door is permanently ... locked.

Earlier, after the quacks and chooks had been put to bed, I closed off the sitting room (check!), shut the kitchen door (check!) and tidied myself away in the dining room for some PC time (and, unusually, also 'shut' the dining room/kitchen access).

So, I'm beavering way on the PC, in a world of my own until ... I needed the downstairs cloakroom: exited the dining room door into the kitchen (check) and then ... nadda! :nonofinger: :hate-shocked:

The kitchen door will not open and is locked from the outside :wallbanging: Both lads have gone for an early night and Mr M is at work :scratch:

So, a review of necessities:
    • hydration? Yup, access to kitchen.
    • sustenance? Yup: ditto
    • latrine? Yup, patio door access to garden (acid loving plants, perhaps? :dunno: )
    • comfy sleep area ... :th scifD36: .... :scratch: ... :scratch: ... :th scifD36:
    Sent a text to both lads: "Could someone unlock the kitchen door, please?"

:whistle:

:phew: Only had to wait 10 minutes (which can equal a lifetime when it comes to a full bladder!) before d19yo came to my rescue! :roflol: Seems my youngest had decided that, as it was "quiet", he would be the grown up and put the locks on all doors :heehee:

**note to self: keep a spare sleeping bag in shed** :heehee:

Security measures are all well and good unless, and until, they catch out those who wish to be protected and *not* protected from!

There's a moral there somewhere, but I'm too weary to think on it :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,595
      Very good:)

Reminds me of something that happened to me once when I was a teenager. I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely busting for a pee, and I mean bursting.

Wasting no time, I leapt out of bed, ran for the door, yanked the door handle, and nothing. I then remembered how the square bar inside was the wrong size after a recent botch up job, and it had popped through so that the inside door handle was not moving the square bar, and therefore not opening the door.

Had the door opened outwards, which of course the don't, I'd have just booted it open, but as it opens inwards, that would have required me to either kick my way through the entire door, or kick the whole door frame out. Neither was a viable option.

Plan B. Stick my piece out of the window. Then I remembered only a week before the old windows had been replaced with brand new UPVC double glazing, with just a little bit that opens right up at the top. That was not an option.

Plan C. Find a container of some sort. Not happening. Nothing in my room with anything like sufficient capacity.

Plan D. Having just woke up at around 2AM, half asleep, absolutely busting for the loo, time for some emergency DIY. Luckily I was always into practical things and had my own tool set, which I kept in my bedroom. However my bedroom was a typical teenager's bedroom, ie a tip. Almost delirous with the pain of a bladder that is about to explode through my whole torso, I frantically searched my room for my tools. Then armed with a screw driver, I had to remove the door handle, then find a different sized screw driver to fit in the square hole in the inner workings of the door, so I could twist it and get the door open.

Then it was a simple matter of doing the short sprint to the bathroom which was just next on the landing. I was just in time.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        :rofllol:

**oops, time to a wee break: again! ** :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

• Informative Informative x 1
        • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
          +8,083
          Bit like the joke of the travelling salesman who arrives very late at a B&B which he hadn't stayed in before. Owner showed saleman his room and mentioned the bathroom was down the passageway ie not an ensuite room.
          Salesman was dead beat so just got undressed and went straight to bed without finding the bathroom. Woke up in the night needing to go desperately. Fumbled his way around his room not knowing the layout and eventually found door to passageway but not the light switch to let him see where the bathroom was. It had reached critical stage and he couldn't wait so he got onto his bed and took down the glass lampshade from the light above his bed, did what he needed to do and then stupidly put the lampshade plus contents back up. The next morning saleman had slept in so rushed to get up and away from B&B. Completely forgot about what he had left in the lampshade. Weeks went past and he got a letter from the B&B. Letter read " We know who's it is and what it is but for god's sake tell us where it is!

• Funny Funny x 2
          • Like Like x 1