1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Only a few Tulips of the same type have bloomed...

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Shaneoak, May 1, 2021.

1. Shaneoak

Shaneoak Gardener

Model and writer
    Ratings:
    +88
    Hi,

Has anybody else had a poor show for Tulips this year? I've had some yellow frilled tulips bloom but some have stayed in bud and look like they are JUST about to burst into bloom, but there seasons passing. I think they're late April varieties.and now i think they won't bloom. Same for orange parrot, yellow rose tulips (i think it's called that) and queen of the night which has come up stunted and some have tiny buds.....:( I've attached pictures... There's not been much sun here in Leeds and it's been hail stoning here today. I wonder if that's one cause... I'm not sure why half of them have bloomed and half haven't, even if they're all the same variety eg orange parrot.
    thumbnail_IMG_6762.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6761.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6760.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6759.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6758.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6757.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6756.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6756.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6757.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6758.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6759.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6760.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6761.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6762.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6763.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,938
    I think due to the cold spring, well its been a cold one where I am, there is still time for the later varieties.

When are you looking only they close up at night and open up as the temperature rises.
    I don't see anything wrong in your pictures.

• Agree Agree x 1