1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Orange Spots

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by bumblebee, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have two blueberry bushes, one quite heavy with fruit, waiting to ripen and this week I have noticed orange spots on the leaves, and I looked it up on the internet and it says rust, but it describes it as the whole leaf being affected, but on mine the leavesare only orange at the tips, anyone with any idea, I have removed all affected leaves and burned them, just in case. The other bush is not affected. Any ideas please?

2. T Digger

T Digger Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try a search for leaf scorch, sometimes caused by water droplets and strong sunlight, that's the only one I can think of hope you get some more ideas.

3. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    I have two blueberry bushes and do not have a single fruit on it this year, plus it has got yellow leaves in places, some are just tipped yellow, others are sort of speckeled yellow.:(

I know I had better do a bit of internet research on blueberry growing pretty soon, else I will ahve wasted the money buying these bushes.

4. bumblebee

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks t digger, I think you could be right about the rain, as I have moved it under shelter, and no more orange spots have appeared.

5. bumblebee

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you fed the plants with anything this year?