1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ordering my seeds now

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by rob158, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rob158

rob158 Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Ive placed an order for some seed from Thompson & Morgan and Marshalls, :D

from Thompson & Morgan im getting:

[size=small]Sweetcorn "Northern Extra Sweet F1 Hybrid", [/size]Butterhead Lettuce 'All The Year Round, Parsnip "Tender & True" and Cauliflower "Cheddar F1 Hybrid",

from Marshalls

Hamburg Parsley Turnip Rooted, "Celery Granada", Cauliflower "Graffiti", Cauliflower "Trevi", and Artichoke "Violet Globe"

2. skinmonkey

skinmonkey Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I got me some of them there [size=small]Sweetcorn "Northern Extra Sweet F1 Hybrid" from T&M for Christmas.

I hope the do better here in sunny Yorkshire than last years lot did - fingers crosses
    [/size]

3. rob158

rob158 Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    My sweetcorn got to 2 inches and died last year :-/ , hope you have luck with yours :thumbsup:

4. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    I lost quite a lot last year too. They went a sort of albino colour when only a few inches tall ... and then died. I have no idea why, the seed was a year or two old, but I wouldn't expect that to be a problem ... I've bought 250 seeds this year to make sure I have enough plants!

5. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Blimey Kristen, that doesn't sound like any pest, virus, fungus or bacteria. Which makes me think of herbicide contamination of your compost.

Couldn't resist the nursery today. Got Kelsae onions,Golden shrimp beans ( to go with my red mullet beans),Crosbys Egyptian Beetroot, Scorzonera Duplex & Elefant Leeks. The last one was cheap as they'd spelled it wrong.

6. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    I don't know what it was Ziggy. Half of them were fine - same compost, same everything really as far as I know.

7. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    In that case, could have been wee'd on by a badger.