1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

ornamental grass Stipa Tenuissima

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by sawfish, Aug 5, 2006.

1. sawfish

sawfish Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to grow a lot of this lovely slender wavy grass so I can grow tall flowers amongst it. Does anyone know if you can grow this from seed (or an easier alternative grass type if not)?

Also wheres the best place to buy fancy grass seed?

thanks [​IMG]

2. jazid

jazid Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Grows like stink from seed, luckily, as it doesn't survuve more than a couple of years. I imagine you can get the seeds from the usual suspects (T&M, Unwins, whatever)but don't know for sure. You could buy a couple i the garden centre and wait for the seed to arrive in the late summer.

3. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi SAWFISH, last year I BOUGHT A VERY LARgE POT OF VERY SLENDER WAVY grass about 4foot high the guy at the G center told me its called "lovers willow" it dies down in the winter but comes up again in the late spring. I love because it waves in the wind and looks so delicate. [​IMG] :cool: