1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Newish Rotovator

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Vince, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Vince

Vince Not so well known for it.

Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,499
    It's a Utonagan, Merlin model.

Less than a year old and in excellent condition.

It's got independent intelligence so it actually decides where work is required (usually NOT where we want it! :( )

Extremely powerful, ploughs through heavy, light, dry or wet conditions with ease!

Fences are a mere inconvenience, it'll either go over or through them!

Very cheap to run too with very few emissions (what's a fart, bark or howl now and then?)

Yes, this is our monster puppy :D

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Put it in part ex for a Mantis, Vince.:lollol::gnthb:

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Glad you are happy with your MONSTER Vince but you might find you only really use it once or twice a year, being big and heavy has it's pros but also it's cons too.

You might just find yourself buying a Mantis tiller we brought one just a couple of weeks ago very light and claims to be able to dig upto 10 inches deep and as I have said it's so light you can lift it with one hand and ideal for weeding between the rows because no matter what you do you are going to have weeds!Hel.xxx

4. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Hel, don`t forget you can get all sorts of attachements for your Mantis.:gnthb:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes indeed David so many toys for you boys to add on it's like meccano.:hehe:

By the way David you are wrong it's not MY tiller it's Bob's because it's so very light for him to use and nothing to do with it being girly or so he tells me but I don't believe him I have seen him used my pink tools!:wink: Hel.xxx.

6. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    2 years ago we bought a 5hp Farmer rotivator with forward and reverse gears brand new and shared the price £389 between 4 of us. Stretten and Briggs engine. No problems touch wood. I have used it myself a few times as it is in situ in my garden Shed. Dont want to leave it in the allotment shed.

7. golfer

golfer Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    My Mantis is a great machine so easy to use and does a great job was on the allotment today with it because i needed to get the manure mixed in with the soil best buy i ever had.

8. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Mantis is on my shopping list. I want the 4-stroke though, and so I'm having to save up ...

... I think the title of this thread is wrong, and should be "Rover-vator" :) [say with Chinese-accent if it helps ...]

9. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Helen, it`s light so that ladies may use it. So you have no excuse.:gnthb::lollol::rotfl:

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Brilliant idea Fancy to have shares in a major purchase for allotment machinery and of course a safe place to keep them from those nasty thieves, after all a well used machine is a happy machine and my goodness it doesn't half save your back!:yho:

No really David because Bob's a lightweight (health-wise) the very girly Mantis is his and the big boy rotovator is mine, I'm gotta look like Popeye when I finish at this rate!

I would indeed save your pennies up Kristen and maybe drop some very strong hints at combining Birthday, Christmas and Anniversary presents all in one....you never know you just might get your machine sooner.:hehe: Hel.xxx.