1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

pampas grass

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by CarolA, Jun 12, 2005.

1. CarolA

CarolA Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    help, I have just moved and there is a pampas grass 10ft high and 10ft wide. I would like to keep it but can I cut it back now, I thought I would use a hedge trimmer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,479
    It should be well away now Carol, so its not ideal to cut back now. It definately wouldn't kill it, but what it would do to this years flowering, I dont know.
    I suspect it might just flower a little later, but I've not tried it so I wouldn't like to say.
    Pair of sharp shears would probably be best I think.
    pete