1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Passiflora Edulis

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Liz, May 31, 2007.

1. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    I grew some of these last year, and at first they looked very healthy. Now all but one are reduced to virtual skeletons- something is eating them. I have put copper round their pots, closely examined both soil and leaves for signs of pests [can't find anything] but no luck. They are disappearing in quite large chunks, more like aslug for example than a vine weavil beetle.
    Any ideas please? They are in pots outside but the problem started when they were in the greenhouse. [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,740
    Liz, I actually have this bought from our monthly country market last Autumn and it's done nothing, hardly grown a few inches. Mine is in a pot as well and on irrigation.

So, I'm interested in any advice also.

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,725
    Surely it must be slugs Liz or catterpillars, some of which are very difficult to see during the day.
    I'd go out after dark with a torch and have a good look.
    Ah, bought last autumn LOL, dont think it will grow, even for you, in the winter.

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,740
    Ah, pete, but now we are the Spring nearing Summer and it's still doing nothing but looking healthy and SMALL.

To be honest, I think it doesn't like being in a pot (black builders bucket ... a BBB) in my case! [​IMG]

5. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Mine are trying to grow! I might just have to resort to slug pellets to see if that's what it is.
    LoL I think yours must be bigger than mine, theiy're about 10-15" tall and in quite small pots. :mad:

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,740
    Mornning, Liz, mine is only about 15-18 inches tall ... which it was when I got it. It lost a lot of leaves which have now come back.

7. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    I have surrounded them with slug pellets [​IMG] but have also put aclear dome over so nothing else can eat the pellets. Now I'll see....