1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Passion Flower cutting back

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by David G, Apr 1, 2013.

1. David G

David G Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi

Is it a good time to cut back a well established Passion Flower, if it is ok to do this now should I take it back quite hard, my daughters wedding is August I was hoping it will look good for the photos

Thanks in advance

Dave

2. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,320
    If you cut it back hard , as from what you have posted sounds like a established plant it will form lots of new growth and will not produce lots of flowers, for the next year or two. T
    To be on the safe side as you want it to look good for your daughters wedding I would lightly prune all over and feed once a week with a tomato food which will help in producing flowers.

So I say leave a lone with hard pruning

Spruce

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,632
      I kind of agree with Spruce.
      Hard cutbacks usually result in lots of new growth.
      Just a trim of any dead stuff should get it back into flowering in July.

• Like Like x 1