1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Path Idea

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Brewman, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brewman

Brewman Apprentice Gardener

Manager - Public Sector
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Everyone,

I have this idea swimming about in my head and I'd like some advice / ideas, I have a rather dull path in my garden which has the customary gaps often populated by grass / weeds etc my idea is to clear the gaps out, put in some compost and plant some succulents in them what I'd like to know is firstly what succulents would be best eg which ones are tough enough to withstand being in / on a garden path which gets quite abit of use, which would be nice for interest leaf colours, texture etc

This would be my first project using succulents so any advice / ideas etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally John I wouldn't go for succulents I don't think they'd take the battering of feet.I'd go for Thymes or maybe cammomile they can stand treading on and smell good too:blue thumb:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,631
      I would def go for creeping thyme as this can be walked on. It smells nice can be red or purple flowering is evergreen but does need full sun preferably and good drainage

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Sirius

Sirius Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,225
        Agree.
        Succulents will get crushed quickly. Wouldn't be my first choice.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,389
          wouldn't be better to have some big stepping stones and the succulents more on the side?