1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

perfect landing

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by walnut, Sep 12, 2009.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Space Shuttle Discovery Returns Home (Video)

There's nothing prettier than watching the space shuttle land. Sure, it drops like a rock, a piano, a safe; but when the vehicle makes the final turn and lines up with the runway, and then the commander sticks the landing like Rick Sturckow did tonight, it's a work of art. If you missed the landing in real time, here's a great video of Discovery's landing at Edwards Air Force Base in California, at 5:53 PDT on Friday, ending the 14-day mission to the International Space Station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBd...versetoday.com/&feature=player_embedded#t=186

on the you-tube page click on replay

2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Thanks Walnut.
    Far better video then the few seconds the tv news gave it this morning.

Lets not forget the ISS is still up and tonight may be a good night to see it see it streak across the sky I spotted it last night again .
    If anybody wants to know the timings over your town follow this link.
    Just enter your nearest town and you have all the info you need.
    I do believe we get the chance of two orbit sightings tonight
    http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdat...ion.cgi?country=United_Kingdom&region=England
    robert

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :cl-p: Welcome Back Discovery..!!!! Fantastic landing..!! So Straight.. Great to see Thanks Walnut ! I always find it stirs the emotions as the wheels touch down the first time..!! Back from so far....... :yho:

:thumb: I shall look tonight then Robert.. :thumb: