1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests and diseases

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Dorsetmike, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this originally in the members requests area, maybe nobody goes there as I had no responses, any comments or relevant ideas?

Hi, might it be an idea for some of the more common (and even some less common) pests and diseases be assembled into an FAQ or as a "sticky" (always on top) topic?
    The recent thread in roses re caterpillars has been raised previously, in the pests and diseases forum.
    Maybe put Rose specific problems at the head of Roses forum? Others in appropriate fora, or all grouped in pests and diseases?
    Main problem is the majority will just ask the question without looking elsewhere [​IMG] , possibly a link at the head of the forum to the problem solving page would solve this?
    Ideally we would need pics where possible to assist in identification.

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Mike,

A valid point you have made, but what I think I will do is put this topic in a more prominent place.

The use of the search facility (I think) will solve the same questions cropping up in lots of different discussion areas of the forum.

If the search does not seem to work after a while, I will see about a Sticky being made, but I do try to avoid 'stickies, as they can tend to make the forums more cluttered.

Many thanks

Nathan.

3. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    And people don't read stickies anyway!