1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet insurance / on benefits

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Gizmo, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
    +851
    With insurance we was looking for excess of £100 I thought you can add amounts together then claim but we looking incase he gets serious illness etc as he is 5 now..
    We had a jack chihuahua before and lost him at 14 yrs old due to illness and it cost a fortune for tests. Saying goodbye and ashes to come home where he belongs..

We find it easier to buy tins of food really as I have to look after wife due to mental health.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
      +851
      I think vets rip of people anyway but you need advise but when they don't seem to care its not fair..
      We don't mind buying the clx wipes we get 40 for £15 a month.
      But looking for insurance incase of serious health issues

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,976
      I think people, I was going to say "we", fuss a bit over their pets, its only natural, and vets are very good on cashing in on that.
      Having said that an ear infection does need to be treated, but in the old days our old Lab that had no end of ear infections was just treated with ear drops, they used to go all up the walls when she shook her head.:biggrin:

The sickness just needs watching, and hope the new diet settles it down.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Gizmo

Gizmo Gardener

Ratings:
        +851
        Not been sick since early morning. Had 2 tins chicken and rice food.. When we bought rocco he was fed raw chicken and beef and dog biscuits.. When we took him to vets advise was only use dry food.. He does get infection around his jaw advise was clx wipes and other advise was bulldogs get infection easy so I clean him down twice a day as when he plays about he will put his head to the ground and push along the ground there for opening up paws around his face.. After chicken and rice he will go back to dry food..
        I looked at his ears tonight right one slight blood inside cleaned it out and put ear drops In.. He seems. OK but keeping my eye on him.
        We will look out for insurance in case of very ill health as this is why we was looking
        Total income round about figure is around £2000 to £2500 a month between benefits housing benefit etc

• pete

Retired
          Ratings:
          +85,976
          Blimey I was only just about getting that much when I was working.:yikes:

• Agree Agree x 2
          • pete

Retired
            Ratings:
            +85,976
            How is he now, has it settled down?

• Friendly Friendly x 1