Petrol mower size.

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Newbienoidea, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Newbienoidea

Newbienoidea Gardener

Ratings:
    +21
    hi all
    I'm looking for some help. I'm wanting to purchase a Honda izy petrol mower but unsure if it will fit in my car. Does anyone know the length roughly of one with the grass box and including the handles when folded down?
    Many thanks

2. Mowerman

Mowerman Gardener

Ratings:
    +599
    Honda IZY 416 are lightweight machines (29kg) according to their site and are 1415mm long, 453mm wide. The grass box is detachable so will reduce the length, also folding the handlebars will likely make it something like 80-100cm long as a guess.

The 466 is wider and heavier and whichever model you choose, make sure that when the handle bars are lowered or put upright again that the throttle cable is not trapped as it's a costly mistake to make. Keeping it secured in the boot will stop at rolling about and the mower or car getting broken :blue thumb:

Also make sure you lift with knees, arms, shoulders and not a bent back if you're lifting it into a car with a high boot as you'll do your back a serious mischief :gaah: