1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pheasnt Berry

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by chips, Aug 21, 2006.

1. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all if any one would like one of these, I have one or two at the mo, but probably find a few more later if your interested.
    Its common name Pheasant Berry or Liecestaria Formosa (Or words to that effect)

[​IMG]
    Reaches about 5/6foot seems to be as tough as old boots

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,840
    Hello, chips. We were just talking about these a couple of days ago and it was decided one would do well with me .... however, can't ship plants to EU countries .. [​IMG] Yes, it's a Leycesteria formosa. They're a lovely shrub.

3. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt think there was a prob within the EU L O L,

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,840
    Maybe I've got that the wrong way around ... can't take plants into England?

5. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Send you one if you like, cos I know some peeps have brought plants in France to take home. I enquired at the P O as I wanted to post a plant to Italy and they said there were no probs with that, though it may take 5-7 days to get there. PM me your addy and Ill send one on and keep fingers crossed that it survives

6. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi L O L just been to P O and you are right there are restrictions on sending plants to Portugal, dont know why as its o k to send them to Italy. Oh well I tried, sorry about that but no can do :(

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,840
    I've been communicating with Chiltern Seeds today and they can send seeds to EU countries but not plants. It think T&M says the same.

I've brought many plants, shrubs and even a tree into Portugal ... but they were in a car / van coming through Customs in Spain and undetected due to not being checked!

8. badsal72

badsal72 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Please could I have a cutting, I think it would look great at the back of my shrubs with its height (when it gets that big). I will pm my addy to you just in case you have one ready.

Many thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

9. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup got one left Sal got your addy so will get one off to you on Tuesday cos of the bank hol [​IMG]

10. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  11. badsal72

badsal72 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Chips.

The cutting arrived in great condition. I must admit, I had never thought of that use for a pringles tube!!!

Let me know if I can offer you something to repay the postage if nothing else.

12. chips

chips Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to worry Sal. Just enjoy [​IMG]