1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Phlox

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Elizabeth13, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 Gardener

Nurse
    Ratings:
    +121
    Am I the only one that just loves Phlox?
    They smell absolutely beautiful!

Do you think it would be mad if I covered most of my garden in them..?

2. tirednewdad99

tirednewdad99 Gardener

Ratings:
    +45
    I'm with you too, I love phlox!

They're soooo useful as their foliage starts early and provides a good backdrop for other plants. There smell is awesome.

I've got phlox 'clouds of perfume' a low grower with a beautiful pale blue colour.

As well as several unknown white and pink phlox, phlox franz Schubert and phlox alchemist. I would definitely recommend phlox franz Schubert to everyone it's got fantastic bluey- purple color with great scent

3. Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,631
    They are lovely and a garden is what you want from it - go for it! But when they have stopped flowering you would want something to continue the flowering and colour in the garden.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,347
      I love them too, can you grow them from seed as the plants in my local are bit expensive right now.

• Elizabeth13

Elizabeth13 Gardener

Nurse
      Ratings:
      +121
      It's true - it does leave the garden a bit bare when it's out of season.. But it is slug/snail resistant too!

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
      Ratings:
      +31,182
      I have never grown it as I am very space restricted. It brings back good memories of a distant Aunt Harriet and Uncle Charlie whose country garden I stayed at as a child. They had hens and I would go hunt the eggs,( some preferred to lay in the field instead of the henhouse).
      They had a milking cow and I helped to make butter with her milk. And as well as perfumed Phlox,they had Heleniums full of bees that I would stand for ages and watch. I loved my holidays at their house,
      Jenny

• Like Like x 3
      • Grannie Annie

Grannie Annie Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,631
        Isn't it wonderful Jenny to remember those sort of times - I do feel sometimes that our children miss out on such memories,

• Agree Agree x 1