1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by DAG, Jul 11, 2006.

1. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been using Photoshop Album Starter Edition 2 for about 3 years but recently just locks up as soon as I click on and get the logo. I have uninstalled it and installed the Edition 3.0 version and as soon as I click on it it freezes just the same!

Have reinstalled 3 times each time thro' add/remove programmes and each time rebooting before starting, but result is always the same. Friend of mine who has this programme on his, had a go on mine and still nothing!

Any ideas? ;)

2. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Can't help Dag, but I sympathise. I have Photoshop 5 on my old computer, but no way can I get it transfered to my new one. Buying a new disc is out of the question - mega �£�£�£s :(

3. Dave_In_His_Garden

Dave_In_His_Garden Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hmm - have you added anything to your machine? Graphics card/new software etc? Sounds like a conflict somewhere if it has just stopped working.

4. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    Hi Hornbeam, have you got a cd writer that you can copy it onto? I have a disc of Photoshop 5 that was copied from daughter. Also look on ebay, older versions [such as 5] go fairly reasonably. Or try Freecycle! I think it's only the bang up to date versions that are costly.
    If you have not got a CD writer you could try sending the Program as an email attachment from your old computer to your new, I think this would work, have to consult our new expert! [I'm used to Macs]. [​IMG]

5. PCMedic

PCMedic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have been using it recently and now it locks up then there is a problem with the dll's in the registry.

try uninstalling it and also go to the harddrive and remove the old folder for photoshop, if you don't then when you re-install the program it will still have the same registry settings as before..........as stated above if you have recently done an update or installed new software then this could also be the problem.....

6. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks PCMedic, done that, still no good!

Thanks Hornbeam, just the free version for me! :D

Thanks DIHG, nothing major added, can't think of anything like that. ;)

7. PCMedic

PCMedic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    try this link to re-install your photo edition 3.

also email them and let them know the problem you are having.

web page

8. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Liz - I'll try the email and Freecycle. I have a copy on disc, but it won't accept it. Bloomin' computers!

9. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Paint Shop Pro is a cut down version of the mega-expensive Photoshop. I've used both on Macs and Windows ( over 10 years since I first used Photoshop) and unless you are into professional publishing or graphics, Paint Shop Pro will do just about all or more you'll ever need. You should be able to pick up PSP version 8 for around �£25 on Ebay. There's a more recent version of PSP (I can't recollect the version number or title) but it has very varied reviews mainly due to extra bells lights and whistles slowing it down without adding much functionality.

10. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,498
    Same here, use psp7 it's all I've used since Deluxe Paint with the Amiga. :D

11. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    There are several picture editing programs which are free and have had reasonable reviews on The Gadget Show, for example Picasa
    http://picasa.google.co.uk/
    And the microsoft photo editor.
    [​IMG]

12. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,986
    I had probs with Photoshop recently. It just tied up when you tried to start it. Finally discovered that for some reason when you double clicked on the Icon the program tried to load itself twice. We removed the Icon and that seems to have cured it.
    If you like using Photoshop style programs then download one called The Gimp. It does everything Photoshop can do and costs nothing!
    Look here http://www.photo-freeware.net/gimp.php