1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

pittosporum woe

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lilianalec, May 22, 2011.

1. lilianalec

lilianalec Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anybody help??? I have a mature pittosporum tree that drops hundreds of leaves every year.A lot of these leaves are yellow although most are green.

2. Sueliz

Sueliz Gardener

Retired .
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think that,s what they do I,m afraid, my sister had one in Bournemouth , it grew so large she had it cut down, to our amazment, said she could,nt cope with the mess it made! Sue

3. Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
    Ratings:
    +502
    I have numerous pittosporums in my front and back gardens and love them - have a hedge of them in the front !

They do drop a lot of leaves though if their roots get too dry, i've found that by watering through dry spells (even in winter) reduces the drop quite dramatically.

One of my green leaved ones became quite yellowy, so i fed it with 1 dose of sequestrene and it's returned to its slightly darker shade.