1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Plant and plant shop advice please!

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by lwoodlouse82, Jun 17, 2020.

1. lwoodlouse82

lwoodlouse82 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

So my partner and I moved into a flat a couple of years ago and now because of current events we both have time on our hands and are trying to make the small (tiny) garden bit outside of our front door a little nicer. We have spoken to friends who have suggested putting down a weed membrane and covering it with stones which we have done. However now we want plants.
    We know nothing about gardening or plants but we know that we want already potted plants/flowers/small trees that we can just put there and not have to do too much with as we are hardly home when we go back to work. The problem is it is a very shaded area.
    So the questions I have are:
    What plants can I buy that like the shade?
    Are there any recommendations on where we can buy already potted plants that can deliver (we don't drive)?
    Also we would like different styles and colours of pots so if anyone knows anywhere that sells potted plants in unique (but not too expensive) pots that would be great.
    We are going to attempt actual gardening in the sunny part of our tiny bit of green with herbs and stuff but at the moment we just want it to look prettier than it is now!
    Any help/advice would be amazing.
    Thank you [​IMG]