1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Plant Labels

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by bristolpotman, Apr 15, 2007.

1. bristolpotman

bristolpotman Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got any bright ideas for making plant labels which can be used on permanent display outside? Plastic ones lose the writing relatively quickly but I'm sure someone has come up with something so thanks in anticipation!

2. JEN.K

JEN.K Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen some copper ones in a number of garden centres that you can buy. When you write on them it is a soft enough metal that it imprints into the metal so it never loses the writing.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Bpm there is a plastic label that is coated black on one side you are given a metal scriber and you write the name on the label it takes off the black as you write showing the white underneath very effective and permanent

4. bristolpotman

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for help . Anyone got any ideas to sourcelabels described by Walnut (Last Post)

5. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
  6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Spot on Hyla the essentials company have them

7. Tim D

Tim D Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    For labelling terracotta plant pots this months Gardeners World mag suggesting painting them with blackboard paint and then writing the plant name on with chalk - If you reuse the pot you just need to wipe off the old nam with a damp cloth and write on the new name!

8. bristolpotman

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, everyone for suggestions I've tried some copper ones that I found but I think that these particular ones may be a bit flimsy

9. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    This what I use..recycled tin foil cat food tins [​IMG]
    [​IMG]