1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Plants on the cheap!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all just thought you guys might like to know that Wilkinson's has their 'growing stuff' now in.

Although you well might find you seed potatoes far cheaper from your allotment site shop as well as onion sets etc. Wilco has cheap fruit brushes Red/black currant, blackberries etc.at £1 each although you don't get given the variety of the plant at £1 they are good starter plants for newbies.

They also have larger plants at £2,£3 and £4 each which includes Gooseberry, figs, lemons etc.Hel.xxx.

2. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm stil waiting for mine to get all their stock in,

They also have little kits to grow toms, peppers, some herbs, chillis, what's in there is enough to grow one plant for £1, great for kids, small homes and for a first timer

I can't wait till mine has the berry bushes in, yum yum

3. Kathy3

Kathy3 Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hi hel wish we had a Wilkinsons up here ,you all seem to get good buys
    think it must be a north of the border shoppee,unless its just Aberdeen ,as we are a bit behind everyone else,just FISH and OIL up here he he

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes our local (ish) branch has those plastic 'grow-pots' in too Sweetpea the shop also has some very nicely painted pot ones I think they are about £2 or so and would make an idea gift for someone or maybe just a treat for yourself.:wink:

Kathy sweetie I don't know what I would do without Wilkcos although even without a Wilcos near where you are I think you have the better deal what with that wonderful view you have to wake-up to every morning you're a very lucky girl indeed.:) Hel.xxx.

5. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
  6. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    Mins now has their 3 for 2 offer on and bought a funky drain pipe pot holder for £1