Plastic greenhouse advice please.......

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by JoMack, Jun 12, 2005.

1. JoMack

JoMack Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I am contemplating buying a small greenhouse made with semi-rigid plastic panels (I have two small boys) all the blurb I have read says they are as good as glass ones, it basically looks like a conventional greenhouse with a double sliding door and a window opposite the door, the only difference being the plastic panels. I was wondering if anyone has used one and if so what are the pros and cons. There is an optional solar powered roof opening too, I suspect this may be a good idea, but look forward to any advice. Cheers

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    :D A friend of mine put one up last year & is very pleased with it so far :D says it is working the same as glass :confused: :D With children around you have to be so careful :D & plastic is much improved now [​IMG]

3. JoMack

JoMack Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I think I am going to order one and give it a go. I will post again on here when it arrives to let people know what its like.

4. aqua

aqua Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    where did you get it from?

5. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I'd like to know too!!

6. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Take a look at JoMack's posting Greenhouse Gardening/Look at my Greehouse. Lovely pic of plastic greenhouse and details where to buy! [​IMG]

[ 12. August 2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: jjordie ]

7. JoMack

JoMack Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry folks I have been away on holiday, thanks jjordie for answering in my absence, in case anyone is still looking, the details can be found at www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk. I am still very pleased with mine and can recommend Norfolk Greenhouses, delivery was very quick and the greenhouse although fiddly to put together was not that difficult. If you can do flat packed furniture you will be ok!