1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

plastic walk in greenhouse

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by poohpouri, Mar 20, 2010.

1. poohpouri

poohpouri Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi i have a cheap plastic walk in greenhouse, wondering if i could put my tomatoes,cucmbers,gazania,peppers and chilli out into to it now as they are on the windowsills and think they may benefit from the more light the y would get outside.. just was not sure if they would be warm enough outside?

2. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Have you a thermometre you could put into the greenhouse overnight and see what temperature it falls to? It's been quite warm the last few nights. Is the greenhouse in full sun or against the wall of the house (our patio is a sun trap and is enhanced in summer by the bricks releasing their heat in the evenings)?

3. poohpouri

poohpouri Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Green house gets sun in morning and then again in evening it's in a corner next to wooden fencing. I will have to get a thermometer
    I was thinking keep them in there during the day and move in at night time

4. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Check and see what the temperature drops to overnight in there, as opposed to outside or in the house.