1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pleached trees....spacing

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Snorky85, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Snorky85

Snorky85 Total Gardener

Accountant
    Ratings:
    +10,944
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase some pleaced portuguese laurel trees to provide some screening in the front garden. We walk down steps from our drive into the front garden and the wall height is slightly above 1 meter and the wall length is 6m.

I've found a pleached portguese laurel tree with a trunk height of 1.2m (so that do nicely for the wall.

I was just wondering about how many you think i may need for the 6m space to fill? It says they are about 1.2m wide. I am assuming the pleached branches can continue to grow wider than the 1.2m so means that I could get away with 3 trees to cover the 6m width. Any thoughts on this???

I don't want to spend any mor emoney than necessary as they aint cheap! But i also dont want there to be huge gaps between the that will take longer than 3 years to close.

Portuguese Laurel Pleached ''Prunus Lusitanica'' 1.2m stem (10-12cm girth) 120cm high x 120cm wide trellis