1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help identify

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by CharlesAC, May 30, 2020.

1. CharlesAC

CharlesAC Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello all,

Hope you are well and keeping safe. I appreciate if you can help me identifying these three plants from my garden.

This one has been a bit ignored until now. Wondering what it is called and if there is anything I can do to encourage vertical growth.
    IMG_1270.jpeg

This one unexpectedly arrived to this corner of the flowerbed. This spring there was two three beautiful, purple flowers. Is it a keeper ? And what is it called ?
    IMG_1153.jpeg

Hopefully an easy one. Beautiful flowers in the spring. If it helps, flowers look like a perfect ball/sphere before blossoming.
    IMG_1116.jpeg

Many thanks,

All the best

Charlie

2. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,325
    Hi @CharlesAC The first one is (I think) a euonymus - I'm assuming it's quite shrubby close up? It is a sort of semi-climber, give it a nearby surface and it will sneak upwards. Also produces pretty little fruits if you're lucky. Second one is a variegated vinca. I happen to hate them because they take over and root wherever they touch. Some people like them because they are so vigorous. Third one is a herbaceous peony - good old cottage garden plant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1